[opencms-dev] RE: Regarding Customization of OpenCms

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Tue Oct 18 08:35:51 CEST 2005

Hi Yousuf,

As I know, that is only possible for users with admin  rights, maybe it
could be possible by setting the rights for the
update_searchindex_xxx.jsp (which launches the search index) to the user
group. But I think you don't need to do so, as in the latest version
(6.0.2) the search index could be updated automatically each time after
a new resource has been published. I haven't tested it yet myself, but
according to the latest roadmap it should work.

With older versions you could define the search index cronjob, so that
e.g. every hour the search index could get updated, isn't it sufficient?

Which version of OpenCms do you have in production, I have still Beta3
:-)

HTH,
Kind Regards,
Arash