AW: [opencms-dev] Forum Module (mvnForum) for OpenCms 6.x available fordownload

Jakob Lemler jakob.lemler at t-online.de
Tue Oct 18 13:33:51 CEST 2005

hi Arash,

first of all thanks for the module, althought it does not work here
until yet.
But the reason why is  just peanuts (almost for sure ... ;-))

Tried to install it with ocms 6.02 according to your description. But it
does not work because the mysql jdbc driver could not be found ... (as
far as I understand the error message further down).

In my installation, there is an actual jdbc-driver under
"%catalina_home%\common\lib" (3.1.11) additionally to the version which
comes with opencms in the WEB-INF\lib directory (3.0.15-ga-bin). As far
as I understand the one under the common directory should be found (and
should be usable) by all deployed webapps. Additionally the one in the
opencms tree should be used first... So I do not get what's the reason
why... ;-(

How the modul is "looking up" the driver? Is it possible (or perhaps a
must) to use the tomcat connection pool ???
If so, what exactly do I have to include in the mvncore.xml file?

As you can see, these are the questions of a non programmer ...
Hopefully interesting to otherones too... ;-)

regards and tia for your answer!
jakob

environment:
- win xp sp1
- mysql 4.1.13
- jdbc driver 3.1.11
- tomcat 5.5.12
- opencms 6.0.2
- jdk 1.5.0

Screen-Message:

mvnForum Fatal Error Message : Cannot init system. Reason : Check your
database configuration. Detail : DBUtils: Cannot get connection from
Connection Pool.

stdout.log:
"2005-10-18 12:04:49,278 ERROR [ajp-8019-1] db.DBConnectionManager
(DBConnectionManager.java:356)     - Cannot create a new connection in
DBConnectionPool. URL =
http://capella.chako.de:8080/opencms/mvnforum/?useServerPrepStmts=false
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)"

The data in mvncore.xml:
<dboptions>
        <!--
         if USE_DATASOURCE = false, use the default built-in connection
pool
         if USE_DATASOURCE = true,  use the connection pool that Servlet
Container provides
        -->
        <use_datasource>false</use_datasource>
        <!--
         You should NOT change the DATABASE_TYPE below
         By default, DATABASE_TYPE = 0
         NOTE: If your database/driver doesnt support scrollable
resultset
               (such as some version of Interbase/Firebird), set
DATABASE_TYPE = 2
        -->
        <database_type>0</database_type>
        <!--
         Set the below options if you want to use default connection
pool
         This is applied if you set USE_DATASOURCE = false
         MINUTES_BETWEEN_REFRESH is the minutes between built-in
Connection Pool refreshment
               Some time your database server is set connection timeout
too low, such as
               5 minutes, that cause the connection auto disconnected.
In this case you should
               set MINUTES_BETWEEN_REFRESH lower than the server
connection timeout value
         NOTE: These values can be obtained from the header of the
               sql script for your database
         NOTE: For compatible with future release of mvnForum, we highly
               recommend that use config your database/driver to use
unicode utf8 encoding
        -->
        <driver_class_name>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver_class_name>
        <!--
<database_url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/opencms?useUnicode=true&charact
erEncoding=utf-8</database_url> -->

<database_url>http://capella.chako.de:8080/opencms/mvnforum/?useServerPr
epStmts=false</database_url>
        <database_user>XXXX</database_user>
        <database_password>XXXXXXXXX</database_password>
        <max_connection>30</max_connection>
        <max_time_to_wait>2000</max_time_to_wait>
        <minutes_between_refresh>15</minutes_between_refresh>
        <!--
         Set the Data source name if you want to use Servlet Container
connection pool
         This is applied if you set USE_DATASOURCE = true
        -->
        <datasource_name/>
    </dboptions>