AW: AW: [opencms-dev] Use existing tables with a new OpenCms

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Tue Oct 18 20:08:25 CEST 2005

Nick,

You can use mysqldump to write the dump to the filesystem:

C:\mysql\bin> mysqldump -u root  opencms -p > c:\temp\opencms.sql

Install OpenCms from scratch, delete the DB, create a new DB with the
same users root and possibly opencmsuser and restore the dumped file
like this: (you can create the db with mysqladministrator or otrher
clients of your choise)

C:\mysql\bin>mysql -uroot -Dopencms < c:\temp\opencms.sql -p
Enter password: ********

Restart tomcat, you are done.

The another easier way is to copy the c:\mysql\data\opencms of your
orginal opencms db to another folder (e.g c:\temp) and install  opencms
from scratch to a new db, delete / move the new db and copy back your
original opencms db (from c:\temp) under c:\mysql\data\, this works on
windows, on linux you have to set the righs properly with "chown -R
root:root /opt/mysql/data/openmcms/, but the first solution over the
shell is faster and safer (at least for me on linux or even windows).

> If I was OpenCms I would complain about somebody trying to exchange
dbs right under my nose...

;-) why? No OpenCms doesn't care about it, because you shall have root
and admin rights to do that!

HTH,
Kind Regards,
Arash