[opencms-dev] access opencms documents from java application

Christof Dallermassl ce-christof.dallermassl at bearingpoint.com
Wed Oct 19 18:59:27 CEST 2005

Hi!

Is it possible to access the content of the opencms from a "normal" java
application (and not from inside the webapplication)?

I have a client application that retrieves information from a server that
should be put into some existing opencms xml contents.

I thought that I'd do it like the CmsShell does, but found, that the
OpenCmsCore.getInstance() method is not accessible from outside.

Is there a "clean" solution to this problem (except putting my application
class into the same packge as OpenCmsCore)?

regards
Christof Dallermassl