[opencms-dev] Several Languages - Howto

Corsin Camichel cocaman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:30:41 CEST 2005

Hi Roman

I can tell you how we did it:

Our main language is german. So we first create a directory /de/ with
the locale property de. If this page is done, with all the textes and
so on, I created a sibling of the /de/ folder with "Copy no resource,
just create siblings of all resources in the folder" to /en/ and
adjusted the the locale property. If the user need to change a text,
it does not matter if he/she is in /de/ or /en/ or /foo/ as long as he
changes the language in the editor with the dropdown.

You create with this for each lang. an own directory, but the text is "shared".

Regards
Corsin

--
Corsin Camichel