[opencms-dev] Several Languages - Howto

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Thu Oct 20 17:51:58 CEST 2005

I think this is a editorial problem too.
Because in reality in a company, why should a French editor change the English
content, if not requested todo?
All the employees in a company should work together not against each other :)

And well, it is simply not possible to restrict all possible vis versa allowed
and not allowed things programmatically by permissions.

I think not all problems can be solved by programming or you will end up with
hyper complex structures which are very hard to tend.

Kind regards, Bernd

On Thursday, 20. October 2005 18:22, Corsin Camichel wrote:
> Hi Uli
>
> Ok, got it
>
> Just tried it, and it did not work. Perhaps *@alkacon.de has any idea,
> would be interessting to know.
>
> Regards
> Corsin
>
> On 10/20/05, Uli Emmerich <2005-09-02 at web.de> wrote:
> > Corsin,
> >
> > sure, I mean an editing person. But I did not get your answer / solution
> > completely. Is it possible to arrange a multilanguage website with the
> > setup your suggested (one folder tree per language, siblings for
> > multilanguage content) and forbid for example the french editor to edit
> > the english content by user permissons (or not allow him / her to change
> > the language dropdown in the editor). I am looking for a solution for
> > this problem. If you know, please describe a bit more extensive. Thank
> > you.
> >
> > Uli
> >
> > Corsin Camichel wrote:
> > >is an editor a real person or do you mean an editor like htmlare or
> > >something similiar?
> > >
> > >if you are talking about a "redakteur"/real person, you could allow
> > >only a new created group (example called "group_de") to alter textes,
> > >and overwrite inherited permissions for "User" group.

> > >--
> > >Corsin Camichel
> > >cocaman at gmail.com

> --
> Corsin Camichel
> cocaman at gmail.com

[  Code Create
[  Web Content Management and Presentation

[  Bernd Wolfsegger
[  Sun Certified Programmer for Java(TM) 2 Platform

[  Lohmeyerstrasse 13
[  10587 Berlin
[  Germany
[  Fon +49 (0)30 26555788