AW: [opencms-dev] Several Languages - Howto

Roman Uhlig | Knuepfer Verlag roman.uhlig at knve.de
Fri Oct 21 11:49:07 CEST 2005

Hi Bernd,

Well, that was my initial question inside the starting post of this thread:
How do I handle a multi-language site with OpenCms?

As far as I got till now there is only the solution involving different
folders for every language, cause I need of course a language specific
navigation too. This is generated from folder/file properties, which is only
language specific if I create them for every language.

Actually, we just need basic multi-language features, nothing special:
- different independent language content
- all languages share the same site structure and content objects
- possibility to switch the language while visiting the site
- possibility to handle stuff dynamically based on the chosen language, e.g.
links or navigation
- possibility to edit language specific content based on user accounts

These are basic multi-language site requirements. But we couldnt figure out
yet how to do this with OpenCms, the language demo inside the documentation
doesn't answer this. Till now, the question still seems to be open and we
would like to solve or at least answer it for ourselves, because it's the
only issue we have with OpenCms. Everything else is working fine. But if
there is no solution to set up a multi-language site without copying or
linking the whole structure for every language, we have to look further
during our CMS evaluation.

Any help on this is still very appreciated, cause we feel comfortable with
OpenCms and it would be sad to drop it because of issues regarding the
handling of several languages, which has never been a problem with other CMS
we used until now.

Thank you in advance,
Roman Uhlig

------------------------------------
Knuepfer Verlag GmbH
Am Brauhaus 12 / Im Waldschloesschen
01099 Dresden

Tel +49 (0)351 / 8 00 70 - 0
Fax +49 (0)351 / 8 00 70 - 70

http://www.knuepferverlag.de

Besuchen Sie die Online-Produkte des Knuepfer Verlages:
http://www.DresdenInformation.com
http://www.kaufmacher.de
http://www.kinowoche.de
http://www.pr-server.de