[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 5 - Tomcat crashed and doesn't work anymore, when opencms-folder is in root of the websapce

Markus Russ mruss at uni-hohenheim.de
Sun Oct 23 12:17:55 CEST 2005

Hi Community,

i have a very big problem with my OpenCMS 5 installation on a server at my
provider: The tomcat isn't working anymore. I think one of my colleagues has
uploaded a big file and there was some error when publishing it - it is hard
to reproduce the process, which finally led to the error. My provider says,
that tomcat is providing the pages, but doesn't react.

Moving the application to another folder (not the root of the webspace) and
restarting tomcat makes my domain and tomcat run again. Putting the
opencms-folder back to root, makes tomcat not reacting again.

Has anyone an idea what to do?

Yours

Markus