[opencms-dev] PHP integration

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:42:30 CEST 2005

If you have a lot of legacy PHP it is possible to use HTTPClient
library to forward the request to a legacy code server and then
include the output in the returned page. I have used this solution to
integrate a database for displaying business listings in OpenCms. Even
though the database was developed as a Java webapp, I thought it was
cleaner to to keep it running as a separate application. As the output
can be cached at the OpenCms end using FlexCache it's fast and
reliable.

Joe.