[opencms-dev] cms:user tag and web apps not in opencms

Shue-Yen Tsai shueyen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 10:42:24 CEST 2005

Hi:

I got some JSF pages using EJB running Sun Java App
Server 8.1. I would like to make them work with
OpenCMS. However, I found some message about JSF
issues with OpenCMS.

One solution I have in my mind is to keep those JSF
pages packaged as it was before (in a EAR) running on
the same server. On the JSF pages, I simply add a
programmatic security check utilizing the user
information from cms:user tag. Is this praticale? Or I
can simply look up something on the session to
identify user's group? If the tag solution is
possible, which jar file I should use for accessing
the opencms tag lib in the IDE?

Thank you. Have a nice day

Sam