[opencms-dev] Issue during installtion

Stratos Tsalamandris stratos at lgrtelecoms.com
Tue Oct 25 16:26:14 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I seem to be getting the error ,shown below, when starting the
installation for version 6.0.2. I have been using the same system for
testing the different versions of OpenCms. I am using JBoss-4.0.1 and
JDK 1.5.0.3. I am sure I just need to get a clean installation of JBoss
on that system, but I am interested in knowing why this error happens
since the company is planning on implementing the OpenCms software on a
HP blade server next.

javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.init(Ljavax/servlet/jsp/PageContext;)V

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageCont
extImpl.java:825)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContex
tImpl.java:758)
        org.apache.jsp.setup.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:228)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:324)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:75)

Root Cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupBean.init(Ljavax/servlet/jsp/PageContext;)V
        org.apache.jsp.setup.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:69)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:324)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:75)

Thanks,

Stratos.

Confidentiality Notice

to this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately