[opencms-dev] understanding opencms - tutorial?

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Oct 31 15:36:31 CET 2005

I have not done much more than installing and doing administrative
tasks around opencms (like getting rid of the :8080 path etc. etc.)
so excuse my ignorant asking.

I want to do my first web site and have installed Opencms 6.0.2 on my
notebook with MySQL 4.1.5x, tomcat 5.5.12 and Apache 2 and all stuff that
makes it functioning.

My website is somewhere else, on www.otherdomain.org.

Is opencms designed to publish a website in that way? Or is it always
bound to the same server?

Can I maintain multiple sites under the hood of one opencms installation?

Do I have to open a new project to start a website project? Or is it
done under the default Offline project?