[opencms-dev] mod_jk.conf in tomcats auto directory

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 3 09:54:56 CET 2005

I'm trying to "repair" an existing opencms 5 (Apache2/Tomcat 4.1.24)
installation in a way that I want to add some proxy rules in a
VirtualHost section that is in httpd.conf.

At the end of that httpd.conf is an include to
...tomcat/auto/mod_jk.conf

This mod_jk.conf seems to be written on each start of Tomcat automatically
as the directory name already says.

A lot of VirtualHost stuff then appears in that file.

Where does this stuff come from? This seems to conflict then
with my VirtualHost section in httpd.conf.

Is this 'auto' mechanism a must in that environment (combination of OCMS 5
and Tomcat of that time)?