[opencms-dev] Installing OIpenCMS on SUSE Linux Do I need to install JDBC Drive r for MySQL

wang neil neil.wangnan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:45:16 CET 2005

hi, i believe you need not install the driver at all. there is a driver with
the install tar ball. you can't install with the root id, because
you haven't grant the privilege to the root at localhost id. so there is a
solution is :
grant the permission to the root id. exec this sql
grant all on opencms.* to root@"localhost" Identified by "your password";

and i think the better solution is create a new user like :
grant all on opencms.* to opencms@"localhost" Identified by "your password";

and input the user and password you could create the database and tables.

i tried it before!

but, when i tried to install the opencms on suse 10.0 and fedora 4, i can't
importing the package correctly.
if you can install it successfully, share your experience plz.

thanks.

i have asked the question about the error when install on linux. but nobody
have idea about it. hope you can
do it.