[opencms-dev] Help: urgent problem

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at metamesh.de
Mon Nov 7 13:57:31 CET 2005

Hi Jim,

search engines normally follow HTTP redirects. The problem is that your
developer configured the redirect in a very bad way that search robots
might not understand.
It is not redirected by a HTTP header field with appropriate status code
but by an index page with even worse html.
There are some tutorials and a documentation module out there to get rid
of the /opencms/opencms prefix, but they all presume that you have apache
in front of tomcat, which is not the case with your setup.
A quick fix for you would be to install the filter from
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/ and configure a redirect from / to
/opencms/opencms/ which should be fine for search robots.

Regards,
Stephan