[opencms-dev] frozen properties again

Christof Dallermassl ce-christof.dallermassl at bearingpoint.com
Wed Nov 9 11:04:06 CET 2005

Hi!

I have a content type with an xsd file. The title property is mapped to the
title element in the xsd file. I create a new resource of that type and set
the title value. The content is then saved (save button in editor).

When I edit the content again and change the title value, I get the following
exception on saving:
==========
Error writing properties of resource "/LIWEST/test".
Reason: The property "[org.opencms.file.CmsProperty: name: 'Title', value:
'titanic2', structure value: 'titanic2', resource value: 'null', frozen:
true]" has been frozen and cannot be changed any more.
==========

I thought the frozen thing was a bug in 6.0.2 so I updated to the latest cvs
version (2005-11-09), did a "ant tomcat.all" and installed the latest jar
file.

No change in the behavior! Still the frozen error! Is there a workaround or
something? We need the value in the property, so the mapping is essential!

This is a real stopper at the moment, as we need to deliver our opencms
project, but we can't.

please have a look at this soon!

regards
Christof