[opencms-dev] Avoid popup window for the workplace

opencms at biberbeatz.de opencms at biberbeatz.de
Wed Nov 9 11:08:41 CET 2005

Hi list,

I was searching the mailing list on how to avoid a popup being
opened. I want to use the workplace in the same window as the login
form.

I tried a couple of things that where mentioned in the following
posts:

1. http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/015872.html

How to get rid of the function window.open()?
And this works only when I am logged in. Otherwise the login form
appears. If I log in the popup appears again because the
displayDialog() method is called by the /login/index.html
I looked in the code of the displayDialog() which was quite confusing
and I did not know where to change the needed things.

2. http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/013606.html

Opening the Url:
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action/index.h
tml
brings up a login page with display errors and after logging an empty
workplace in OpenCms 5.0 style is shown.
Seems only to work for 5.0

3. Calling workplace directy:
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/views/workplac
e.jsp

Works perfect when I logged in with the Admin user before. If not it
brings up the login form which opens the workplace popup again.

My questions:
- Is it possible to avoid a popup to use the workplace?
- If yes where to I have to make the changes and did anyone in the
list ever did it?

Thanks for your help,
Jan