[opencms-dev] xml content elements in news and events

Tane Potaka tane at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Thu Nov 10 08:13:37 CET 2005

Hi,
I am using opencms 6.0. This is what I am trying to do:

I have created a custom xml-content document. These documents live in
/microsite/modules/events/event_001.html etc. and have different
elements for events and for news like this:

I have two "list.jsp" that live in /microsite/news/list.jsp and
/microsite/events/list.jsp. The event/list.jsp lists the summary of the
"EventContent" element while the news/list.jsp shows the summary of the
"NewsContent" element.
eg.

What I want is for when I click on "View Article..." in the
events/list.jsp I get see a page with the Text and Images for the
"EventContent" element and when I click on "View Article..." in the
news/list.jsp I get see a page with the Text and Images for the
"NewsContent" element.

This would be easy if you were able to have folder siblings with
different template_elements but this can't be done.

All help appreciated.

Tane