[opencms-dev] max_allowed_packet query

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:19:34 CET 2005

Sorry not stricly OpenCms related: I'm doing an emergency restoration
of an OpenCms installation after a disk failure. Despite being good
about keeping regular backups I had never tried doing a test
restoration.

My problem is the dreated max_allowed_packet of MySQL. I'm just
focusing on importing
CMS_OFFLINE_CONTENTS right now. Its a 67MB file. I've set /etc/my.conf
as follows:

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib
max_allowed_packet=298M

And my import command loooks like this:
 mysql --user=root --max_allowed_packet=210M opencms < CMS_OFFLINE_CONTENTS.dump

But still I get
ERROR 1153 (08S01) at line 45: Got a packet bigger than
'max_allowed_packet' bytes

I'm missing something... (?)

Thanks
Joe.