[opencms-dev] Re: max_allowed_packet query

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:49:57 CET 2005

Thanks for the suggestions. None worked I'm afraid :(.  In the end I
recreated the db by extracting the table definitions with "mysqldump
--no-data" (thankfully my faulty disk was still functional enough for
this) and then overwriting the *.MYD and *.MYI files in
/var/lib/mysql/opencms which I got from a recent file system backup.

So this leaves me with a very important question which I have found no
answer to either on the mysql.com site or by googling around.

Question: How do you (reliably) dump a OpenCms MySQL database so that
it can be read back (by the same version)?  It does not seem possible
with the tools privided in the MySQL distribution!!

Joe.