[opencms-dev] does an exported site access the VFS?

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 17:38:17 CET 2005

Objects such as images get statically exported, but HTML and JSP pages
go through the OpenCms engine via a cache system called FlexCache. In
a production configuration  most pages will be served from the
FlexCache without going near the database.

There has been some talk on the list of statically exporting an entire
site (images and pages), but this is not something I've had time to
try yet. I also hope to figure out how to publish an OpenCms site via
FTP to a simple file-only web server sometime in the near future.

Joe.