[opencms-dev] Re: bvr : Has any one found out how to import andexportcontent bet ween Open CMS and a static web server

Thomas März thomas.maerz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 00:23:59 CET 2005

"Arash Kaffamanesh" <arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de> writes:

>>  You will also have troubles when using javascript to display pages,
>> because you have no access to the CmsJspActionElement.link(String)
>> method, so do not do that.
>
> This was an excerpt from the Alkacon documentation.

Well, I did read the documentaton for xml-content.
And, yes, it was really good for this topic.

[1]
,----[ /asdf.html (VFS path, plain text) ]
| <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
| <title>Test</title>
| <script src="/cms/cms/test.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
| </head><body>

`----

[2]
,----[ /test.jsp (VFS path, JSP) ]
| <%@ page session="false"
|
|          import="
|                  org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement
|                 "
| %><%
|
| CmsJspActionElement cms = new CmsJspActionElement( pageContext, request, response );
|
| %>document.write( "<%= cms.link( "/" ) %>" );

`----

Partial Header of [1] getting [2]

Partial Header of [2] getting [2]

Viewable output of [1] in Firefox:

| /cms/cms/

BTW I tried static export after publishing, but it didn't
show up, so ...

> Are you using the static export function yourself or anybody else on
> this list :-)

Did you also skip static export completely?
I can try static export for you!?

I have to admit that all the features, I am complaining
about, have been used ages ago (10 months).

I used static export via OpenCms' static export the last
time at 5.3.7 (I think, or 5.3.[0-9]). And once upon a time
OpenCms thought being smart and published all linked pages,
while we all already implemented listeners to publish
depending files.

When I need a "real" static export I use wget.
I didn't need a on publish wget-get.

When I need a "real" static export with a search eginine I
use mostly htdig (although there seems to be a Flash Search
Engine as an alternative available).

IMO the publis task of OpenCms has the same abilities,
but I don't need it and don't have the time to try.

BTW: E. g. wget still can get my dynamic ColdFusion content
to burn it on CD.

Regards,
Thomas