[opencms-dev] proxying the admin tool

Kelley, Kevin kkelley at onetooneinteractive.com
Wed Nov 16 15:00:18 CET 2005

Thanks Arash,

Our site is hosted by a third party hosting company.  So we just have a
single app server sitting behind a firewall with only ports 80 & 443
open.

Also, as a follow up to the configuration I gave, I've added an extra
element to make the error screen more graceful.  I have created a 404
error page and a 500 error page in my default site.  So in my apache
configuration, inside the virtualhost for the opencms site, my
configuration now looks like:

      ErrorDocument 403 /general/error_404.html

      <Location ~ "^/.*/system/.*$">

            Order Deny,Allow

            Deny from all

            Allow from 127.0.0.1

            Allow from 192.168.1.64/255.255.255.192

      </Location>

If there is a forbidden status code thrown, apache will forward to my
custom error page which I have set as a 404 (File Not Found) error.
That way, users trying to hit the admin login page won't even know it's
an opencms site.

Cheers,

Kevin