[opencms-dev] creating new user, exception at first login

Yuval Zukerman YZukerman at molecular.com
Fri Nov 18 22:58:19 CET 2005

We experienced the same situation. A user could not log into the system
until you go into the preferences screen and set up the default project. Got
the same unless that setting was made.

- yz

Message: 8

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:21:43 -0500

From: Marcus Popetz <marcus at roundpeg.com>

Subject: [opencms-dev] creating new user, exception at first login

To: opencms-dev at opencms.org

I need some help tracking this down so I can submit a meaningful bug:

When I create a new user, the first time I log in as them I get the
following exception:

org.opencms.main.CmsRuntimeException: Error reading resource from path "/".

at

org.opencms.workplace.explorer.CmsExplorer.getFileList(CmsExplorer.java:176)

at

org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.offline.system.workplace.views.explorer.explo
rer_005ffiles_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.offline.system.
workplace.views.explorer.explorer_005ffiles_jsp:58)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

If I ignore it, and click on the preferences button, and then click "ok"

(without changing anything) it then works fine.

I assume this means defaults are not set up quite correctly for the user,
but they are loaded correctly into the UI which is why a save with no
changes fix the problem?

Any ideas what info I need to gather (from VFS? from xml?) to submit this as
a bug?

-mp