[opencms-dev] Configuration wizard fails on FC4 / MySQL

Michael Powell mwpowell at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 21 14:21:10 CET 2005

I am unable to complete the opencms setup wizard on linux fedora core 4.

My environment information is as follows:

Linux Fedora Core 4
MySQL 4.1.11
Java 1.4.2_10 SDK
OpenCMS 6.02
Tomcat 4.1

When stepping through the OpenCMS setup wizard, the wizard fails to create the
opencms database in mysql with an java exeption error message that says it cannot connect to the mysql database.

I am able to login to mysql through the command line and add users and query tables. I have successfully setup opencms on an NT box but I must be missing something with the linux setup. I checked all logs and they did not yeild any information.

Is there something basic that I am missing with linux? In the my.cnf file perhaps?

Mike