[opencms-dev] Re: Declare http status (404/301/...) in JSP

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio.uni-oldenburg.de
Tue Nov 22 12:00:52 CET 2005

Hello,

> It seems to me it's got the do with this entry in the web.xml :
>     <error-page>
>         <error-code>404</error-code>
>         <location>/opencms/handle404</location>
>     </error-page>
> If the handle404 cannot find a resource it probably is just not
> sending a 404 to the browser, just a page saying that the resource
> is not found (afaik)..
> So in my view, the 404handler in opencms needs fixing.

are you sure this is the same problem? I would think, this is
for the handling of "real" 404s, means that a requested file
is not available in VFS. Isn't that fixed already?

What I'm talking about is to explicitly set a http response in
a jsp page (f.e. based on request parameters, an id of my own
database content, where no content is returned for this id).
I can set a 404 in response object, but it is never sent to
browser, it obviously is replaced by OpenCms with a 200 status
again.

Regards,
Thorsten