[opencms-dev] search in xmlcontent elements

Salvador Santander GutiƩrrez salvador.santander at juntadeandalucia.es
Tue Nov 22 19:09:47 CET 2005

We're evaluating OpenCMS 6 to know if we migrate to the new version of
OpenCMS (we're actually using version 5).
I like very much the xmlcontent aproach for manage structured elements, but
I have two doubs about this:
- It can be possible to run a search based on a field of the xml structure?
For example, if I want to search only the news wich have the author "david".
I think the only solution for this is create a ResourceCollector for this
porpouse. Is there other solutions?
- If the answer to the previous question is yes, these kind of search seems
to be very slow, because you have to read all the new elements. Is this
correct?

Thanks in advance.