[opencms-dev] Installation - browser specific?

JTosi at cme.com JTosi at cme.com
Mon Nov 28 21:19:10 CET 2005

I had installed opencms on a few different boxes (XP, Solaris, now
Linux) and never encountered any issues. However, this last install I
used firefox as the browser during installation.  There were two issues.
First, it could not find all of the modules, it only found 3 modules and
I believe they were the general documentation.  Secondly, during the
install it kept on crashing on step 6, saying that database was
inaccessible.  I verified the database (Oracle) was accessible using
tnsping, sqlplus, and then creating a JDBC pool in Weblogic.  Out of
curiosity, I switched browsers for the install, to IE.  The install then
picked up all of the modules and connected to the database without
issue.

How is this install tied to a browser during installation?  This baffles
me.  The JDBC connection would be completely independent of the browser.
I did all of my weblogic configurations using Firefox without issue.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Tosi, Lead Systems Analyst, Internet Solutions Group
CME