[opencms-dev] how add event listener at start time

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Nov 30 09:17:37 CET 2005

Ernesto -

When you create a new module using the administration GUI, one of the
entries you can set is "Module action class".   This is the name of a class
written by you, and part of your module, which is called when the module is
initialised or modified.  It is in this class that you can add an
I_CmsEventListener.

If you have a default OpenCms installation which includes all the
documentation, you can find more details at

http://<your_host>/opencms/opencms/alkacon-documentation/documentation_modul
es/create_modules.html

On that page, it suggests looking at the javadoc for I_CmsModuleAction,
which is the interface your module action class must implement.  I've found
some javadoc out there at

http://www.jsourcery.com/output/opencms/opencms/6.0.0/index.html

This is for version 6.0.0, but 6.0.3 (the latest release) shouldn't be too
different.

Jon