[opencms-dev] adding a /sites/mysite

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Thu Dec 1 13:57:40 CET 2005

Hi,

On production sites you shall have a dns entry  / mapping and use the
domain name.

Both 1. and 2. are correct.

<site server="http://localhost:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
<site server="http://localhost:8080" uri="/sites/mysite/"/>

This setting fails, because of the duplicated localhost entry, but this
would work:

<site server="http://localhost:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
<site server="http://127.0.0.1:8081" uri="/sites/mysite/"/>

you can define in etc/hosts your mapping, e.g.

127.0.0.1 cms.localhost
84.42.134.234 www.cms.mydomain

And use:

<site server="http://cms.localhost:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
<site server="http://www.cms.mydomain:8081" uri="/sites/mysite/"/>

And define the second 8081 conector as Michael stated in the previous
email.

Kind Regards,
Arash