[opencms-dev] question about using OpenCms Template one

helen zhang xiaodog at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:42:18 CET 2005

Dear experts and helpers,

I am a beginner on OpenCms and I am trying to use the OpenCms Template One
to build a simple website. After reading most of the docs online, I still
have the following the questions. It would be very nice that someone can
help me on this!

1) After I created a project, some of the files in the project are in color
grey and I can't even have the context menu pops up or delete or lock or
take out from navigation or whatsoever. I don't know what makes them be grey
and how to make them able to use. The root of the file tree shows
/sites/default

2) How to change the OpenCms template one's search button.. basically. how
to customize the template. I kind of figure out how to customize the
navigation tree now but still don't know how to customize the other part.

I thought the template should make building the website easy and Please let
me know how the template suppose to work!

Thank you very much in advance,
Helen