[opencms-dev] login form with redirect

Jon Mayes jon.mayes at pegasus-homes.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 13:28:18 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've been trying to find an answer to this problem in the old threads
but am not having any success!

I'm trying to protect an area of the site with a login form & the
opencms permissions. I have a folder called "directors" which is
restricted to a webuser group named "Director".

The form seems to log in ok (although when I was using the browser based
auth before it wouldn't accept any uname/pass I supplied), but then it
just shows a blank page and doesn't seem to redirect to the requested
resource.

I was originally trying this with the welcome template login element,
with no success, and am now using code from here
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.opencms.devel/16388/match=login+
form+redirect which I found in the archives, and am just getting the
blank page.

The URL in the address bar seems correct
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/modules/uk.co.pegasushomes.
intranet/elements/login.jsp?__loginform=true&requestedResource=%2Ftest2%
2Fdirector%2F so I'm a bit baffled why it doesn't want to play ball!

Any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Jon

Jon Mayes
Marketing & Business Systems
Pegasus Retirement Homes plc
Tel:
Fax:
Email: jon.mayes at pegasus-homes.co.uk

For more information on Pegasus please visit our web site at www.pegasus-homes.co.uk

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.