[opencms-dev] WYSIWYG editor

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:20:46 CET 2005

The current version of OpenCms (6.0.x) uses HTMLArea. This appears to
be a dead project and it seems (although I've seen no confirmation
from Alkacon) that FCKEditor will be used in future. An pre-release of
a module for OpenCms was posted to the list recently.  The FCKEditor
site has plenty of documentation on integration with other
applications (Java, PHP and others). See: http://www.fckeditor.net/

For information on the current HTMLArea do a Google search for
"HTMLArea". The official site has moved around a bit over the last
year or so.

Joe.