[opencms-dev] Deploy to weblogic8.1 sp2 problem

Celia Khuk kfuivoon at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Dec 12 09:43:01 CET 2005

Hi,
  I try to deploy opencms.war into Weblogic server and I have error message "The OpenCms WEB-INF folder cannot be determined, please set the parameter "OpenCmsHome" in "web.xml"."

  I check the mail list archive and one suggests changing opencms.war to ROOT.war to deploy.  I tried and still got the same error.  Next, I try putting in the OpenCmsHome into web.xml with value ROOT.  It gives me another error "Unable to read the configuration filte \ROOT\config\opencms.properties".

  However I manage to deploy an unzip war file.  But after doing opencms setup, my browser doesn't display the pages properly.  I check the mail list archive and found need to modify web.xml for the 404 error page and it indicates to create a jsp file under opencms.war/system/handler/handle404.jsp.  But I can't find the directory.

  Can anyone pls tell me how to configure the web.xml for deploying war file and also where to put the handle404.jsp?

  Thanks.

  Regards,
  Celia