[opencms-dev] as ROOT app - and suddenly nogo

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 13 20:30:50 CET 2005

I installed 6_0_3 a couple of minutes ago, ran the setup and logged into
the workplace. Didn't even realize what I typed in as URL since I clicked
the links in the OpenCMS page. I administered the admin password and logged out
(maybe I clicked the bail out X in the windows window accidently).

Anyway, I wanted to start it again (localhost:8080/system/login since it is the
root app and I get an error 404). Invoking
localhost:8080/ gives me a directory listing instead of the Opencms
welcome page.

Ah, now I see, I have to enter

localhost:8080/opencms/system/login

But why? I thought installing it as the ROOT app would eliminate
the /opencms prefix. I'm running without apache for the moment.

Do I have to tweak some server.xml?

Where is the ROOT app howto for 6.0.3 ?