[opencms-dev] OpenCMS on multiple app servers

Tomáš Adámek tomas.adamek at qbizm.cz
Wed Dec 14 11:11:29 CET 2005

Hello,

there would be problem with internal opencms cache implementation -
opencms clears the cache when the file/folder is published. So thats
mean that if You will publish some document on app1 server, it will be
flushed from cache - but app2 server has no mechanism to check if the
content of file was changed, so it will still show old content of file
until u will restart application.

You will have to implement some notice mechanism to clear cache on app2
when you make publish action on app1 server.

This problem was on opencms 5 but i think, that same cache mechanism is
implemented on opencms 6 too.