[opencms-dev] Stupid New Lines

Achim Westermann Achim.Westermann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 15 19:28:53 CET 2005

Hi Anatol,

it is not caused by the OpenCms tags. If a tag ends, normal HTML mode is
on again for the jsp container (tomcat) and it inserts a new line to the
  generated servlet code.

A workaround is:

<cms:contentcheck element="Teaser"> <%--
--%><h2>Summary</h2>
<cms:contentshow element="Teaser"/> <%--
--%></p>
</cms:contentcheck> <%--

It's pretty ugly and hard to read. So better finish coding before
entering this. Especially identation is hard to guess after you escape
these linebreaks.

happy coding,

Achim