[opencms-dev] More questions on HTML import

Tosi, Joel JTosi at cme.com
Fri Dec 16 20:48:23 CET 2005

The HTML import tool seems to be fine if you want to get flat html files
into the repository and edit it as an html page.  What if you want to
import content in as a certain content type?  For example, can you
import a set of files that you know should be of the type 'news' so that
the content would be editable in the news content form?  We are
migrating from one other content management system to open cms and this
would make the migration much easier.  I can provide the old content in
an xml format similar to what the 'news' content would look like.

Thoughts / ideas?

Thanks

Joel Tosi