[opencms-dev] Not sure if opencms is the right tool for me

juan at gamesetmatchonline.com juan at gamesetmatchonline.com
Sun Dec 18 21:42:47 CET 2005

Hello:

I have been tasked with creating a web site in a Latin American country where
the content of the web site is going to be basically some classified ads. These
are very simple classified ads that belong in one or more categories.

So before venturing out and developing this sort of thing myself, I am looking
around at content management solutions and I'd like to know if someone can tell
me whether or not I can accomplish this with opencms. It would also be nice if
opencms has built in support for internationalization since the client wants
the classified ads to be rendered in different languages. The idea is that
there will be an online form where the administrator would create a classified
ad. In this form there will be fields for description in the different
languages supported. The user enters values in each individual language and
then saves the ad. There might be more to it than this, but before we invest a
whole lotta time learning opencms, we need to know if we can accomplish this
right out of the box with opencms. If not, any suggestions about other content
management tools that support this sort of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Juan A.