[opencms-dev] Problem loggin in as guest user in 6.0.3

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Tue Dec 20 16:44:54 CET 2005

Hello,

To logoff a webUser we were using the method of loggin in as the guest user,
which worked perfectly with OpenCms 6.0.0:

CmsJspActionElement cmsj =
    new CmsJspActionElement( pageContext, request, response );
CmsObject cms = cmsj.getCmsObject();
String defaultUser = (new CmsDefaultUsers()).getUserGuest();
cms.loginUser(defaultUser, "");

Now we are enhancing the same application in OpenCms 6.0.3 (updated from
6.0.2), but the above code gets an exception:

org.opencms.db.CmsDbEntryNotFoundException: User "{0}" was not found.

I had a look at the source code, but was unable to determine where this user
"0" comes from. The getUserGuest() method does return "Guest", user "Guest"
does exist, and guest users can access the application all right.

Has something changed from 6.0.0 to 6.0.3? Can someone suggest an
explanation?

Thanks for any help,

Pere