[opencms-dev] Cookies in OpenCms 5.0

Michael LaBrie mike.labrie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 04:50:57 CET 2006

Hello, list:

I am currently working with a site in OpenCms 5.0.

I have been attempting to have a link that a user can click on one of
two pages; if from one page, it sets a value of "one", and the other
page, sets a value of "two".  When they visit the main page of the
site, the page checks to see if one of these cookies is set; if so, it
automatically redirects them to the appropriate page ("one" or "two").

This was easy enough to accomplish with JavaScript and get working
offline.  However, this does not work within the OpenCms environment.
Something about sessions and caching, of course...!

I have taken a look at the following thread:

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q3/012903.html

... (and several others in the archives), but am unsure what to really do.

Is there any specific workaround people have used?  Any other
resources already documented somewhere?  This seems like something
pretty basic that probably has an easy solution in OpenCms, as well.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information or code bits.
Thanks so much for your help, and have a great new year.

 - Michael LaBrie