[opencms-dev] FW: OpenCMS JDBC connection hangs Oracle database

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 5 15:19:56 CET 2006

I don't know whether the post (now in double > >) was an accident
because of the indentation order of 1 (and otherwise empty)
which should be indentation level 0 for a first post.

Anyway, a similar issue came up recently, that connections to an Oracle
database seem to die after some time of inactivity.

I'm chiming in into this thread because I had a similar problem at
a customers' site - it was not OpenCms but another application being connected
through OCI (Oracle Client Interface) to the Oracle server.

It turned out that the firewall inbetween had been the culprit.
Either some kind of wakeup (watchdog) mechanism should be used or better,
talk to the firewall admins to remove this (weird) feature.