[opencms-dev] what is the best way for archiving news?

Farnaz Fotrousi f_fotrousi at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 07:18:28 CET 2006

Hi,

  I would like to have news archives in my site. In opencms 5.0, I used news module which it seems is not compatible with opencms 6.0.3. In that version, news were added to a news table in database

As I noticed in 6.0.3 , news as a structured content has been added instead.
For adding a news ,I have to create a new page for each news not using administration view for adding one.

  My question is : If I want to archive lots of news during some years, doesn't these kinds of  archiving (a page for a news) reduce performance? For comparing these two ways ('news module' and 'a page for a news') which you think works better for lots of news?
  Was anyone successful to work with news module in opencms 6.0.3?

  Regards,
Farnaz Fotrousi