[opencms-dev] Direct editing - how to switch to offline?

Thierry Collogne tcollogne at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:55:02 CET 2006

The Alkacon documentation for direct editing states:

Quote:

The "direct edit" feature of OpenCms 6 allows editing of pages directly
"from the page". This means it is not required to be in the OpenCms
workplace to edit a page. You simply open the page in the browser, and edit
from there.

Please note: To use the direct edit feature, the user must be in an
"Offline" project. Direct editing is not possible from the online project.
This also means the user must log in first.

This seems to be the entirety of the documentation - the rest is just
examples!

My question is this: if a user logs in using a login form, they are still in
the Online project as far as I can see. How can they switch to the Offline
project without using the workplace?

Thanks