[opencms-dev] Bad encoding in properties on Opencms6

Tomáš Adámek tomas.adamek at qbizm.cz
Thu Jan 12 13:42:51 CET 2006

Hello,

problem fixed, if any1 is interested into solution here it is. There is
no default_character_set option in Mysql4.1+ anymore - it was replaced
by various character_set_* variables. So i tried to set
character_set_system=utf8, dump, drop database and re-insert tables and
it works now.

character-set-server=utf8

mysql> show variables like 'character_set_server';
| Variable_name            | Value
| character_set_server     | utf8                       |

More info about mysql variables:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/server-system-variables.html

--
Tomas Adamek                                Qbizm technologies, a.s.
analyst-developer                           ... the art of software.