[opencms-dev] retreiving content resources by property (second time)

Andreas Zahner A.Zahner at alkacon.com
Wed Jan 18 14:10:59 CET 2006

Osama,

try the following method from the CmsObject:

    /**
     * Reads all resources that have a value (containing the specified
value) set
     * for the specified property in the given path.<p>
     *
     * Both individual and shared properties of a resource are checked.<p>
     *
     * @param path the folder to get the resources with the property from
     * @param propertyDefinition the name of the property to check for
     * @param value the string to search in the value of the property
     *
     * @return all <code>{@link CmsResource}</code> objects
     *          that have a value set for the specified property in the
given path.
     *
     * @throws CmsException if something goes wrong
     */
    public List readResourcesWithProperty(String path, String
propertyDefinition, String value) throws CmsException;

To get an initialized CmsObject on your JSP, use the method of the
CmsJspActionElement: getCmsObject() or use it in your customized collector
code;

Regards,

Andreas Zahner
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts