[opencms-dev] how/when are XSD changes processed?

Matthew Fremont m_fremont at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 22:49:21 CET 2006

I encountered a strange problem trying to edit
structured content after making a change to the XSD.

After I deleted an element from the XSD of a nested
type, then edited a structured content doc, clicking
on the "+" button to add an instance of the nested
type resulted in an error. I don't have an exact
message, but it looked like OpenCms was expecting the
element I had just removed from the XSD to be present
in the *new* instance of the nested type that I was
trying to create.

When I restarted OpenCms from the Tomcat manager the
problem went away.

How/when are changes in XSD processed? It seems like
in my case OpenCms was holding onto the previous
version.

OpenCms 6.0.3
Tomcat 5.5.12
MySql 4.1.16