[opencms-dev] What's wrong with this search script?

Uwe König uwederkoenig at web.de
Sat Jan 21 22:02:59 CET 2006

Joe,

> So it's something related to VFS paths. I assume that the path in
> the indexsource element in opencms-search.xml is a full VFS path,
> and the site root specified in the search script is relative to
> the website root (?).

ACK. I've got the index-sources set to "/sites/foo/" and
"/sites/bar/" and tried first to query with
search.setSearchRoot("/sites/foo/" + language) but got no results. Then I tried it with ("/" + language) and it worked.

OpenCMS wants VFS-paths sometimes absolute and sometimes
relative to the siteroot, that's what I experienced.
Best regards,

Uwe König