[opencms-dev] Use Struts or JSP in opencms

Thierry Collogne tcollogne at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:39:40 CET 2006

Hi all,

I normally write my web application using the Struts framework and I have
succesfully integrated a simple Struts application into opencms, but I have
my questions about it.

The problem is that if you use Struts, all navigation through the
application is done using Struts Actions (*.do). But if you want to create a
navigation in opencms, you can build it dynamically.

These dynamically build navigations are based on the jsp's in opencms, so
actions can not be part of the dynamic navigation (at least I don't know
how).

That is why I am in doubt whether to use Struts or just jsp.

What do you all think is the best solution?

Thank you,

Thierry