[opencms-dev] saving existing content after the .xsd and jsp modified

Achim Westermann Achim.Westermann at gmx.de
Mon Jan 23 20:14:11 CET 2006

Hi Madhavi,

1) Before creating xmlcontent files for production the xsd (data design)
should be reviewed carefully until it is stable.

2) Later changes will break the xsd as you experienced. A recommondation
is to first make things to remove optional (minOccurs="0") and then open
each content with the editor. You then can remove all those elements
with a click and save. Finally one can remove the element really from
the xsd. The same goes with new data: First add it as optional, then add
the elements with the editor before declaring them mandatory.

3) If it comes to the point you experienced it is only possible to open
these files with "edit controlcode" and then manually remove / add the
elements from / to the xml code. Don't forget to edit each language node
that is defined.

kind regards,

Achim